Operations Director: Disruptions, Deviations and Dealing with Crises
We all understand that plans rarely reflect on-the-day reality. So when something goes awry, do you have the information you need to make an immediate analysis of the cause, determining the best course of action with regards to crew and rolling stock? And once you have made a decision, are your team as effective as they could be in enacting it? In our experience Heads of Operations have three main issues to overcome:
1) Quickly obtaining accurate information and visibility of the issue
2) Understanding all implications of an amended plan
3) Maximising the effectiveness of a very large team of staff
Disparate technology is a major barriers to Heads of Operations because when it’s time to intervene you need to be sure you have accurate data – and you need to access it quickly as there is often a limited time window in which you need to react.
By consolidating your technology into a single, fully integrated solution you can be sure that you are always in the best possible position to react to any deviation. You can quickly and easily access information via a single console, and be reassured that any changes will be implemented so as to ensure that rolling stock is safely maintained and crew changes are in-line with all relevant labour rules. Where third party technology is required – for example, maintenance software – standard interfaces offer effective coordination (e.g. rolling stock availability and awareness of spare capacity).
Finally, your large team are able to collaborate more effectively because information is accurate and easily shared, with admin workload minimised through automation wherever possible.
Trapeze’s Rail solutions enable you to:
* Quickly find information relating to the issue
* Use simulation data to guide responses to exceptional circumstances
* Implement a revised plan with clear understanding of implications
* Automate workload where required to increase team efficiency
* Interface with 3rd party technologies as required (e.g. asset management)
Trapeze Rail Technology
Trapeze’s suite of integrated rail solutions help Heads of Operations to understand the situation and quickly implement safe and efficient adjustments:
1) Operations Manager
2) Rolling Stock Manager
3) Duty Manager
4) Crew App
5) Enterprise Asset Management